An overview on Abu Dhabi Award for Excellence in Government Performance
Under the patronage of GSEC, Abu Dhabi Award for Excellence in Government Performance was launched in 2006 to acknowledge and encourage the excellent performance and positive competition that will in turn contribute to the active sustainability in Government management system and consolidate the Abu Dhabi Government vision also.
Structure of Abu Dhabi Award for Excellence in Government Performance
Since its first cycle and throughout years, the Abu Dhabi Award for Excellence in Government Performance structure has been developed, in alignment with the Abu Dhabi Government priorities, through the current design in its fifth cycle mainly relied on the Government excellence system - the fourth generation applicable in the UAE federal government – as a roadmap for Governments pursuing new horizons exceeding excellence (to reach leadership in performance) and transforming to winner, innovative and smart Governments looked upon as role models in terms of the Governments best practices through no. of principles including effectiveness, efficiency, learning and development, and by adopting modern concepts in Government work and businesses including innovation, future shaping and integration.
The Abu Dhabi Award for Excellence in Government Performance seeks a Qualitative transformation in organizational performance , acknowledges excellent government performance across Abu Dhabi Government entities, profiles accomplishments, creates and develops positive competitive environments in order to support achieving the objectives set.
Through this structure, the Abu Dhabi Award for Excellence in Government Performance aims to take part in realizing the Abu Dhabi Government vision and further progress throughout the excellence drive by:
- Evaluate how each entity seeks achieving the excellence that will enable the identification of main strength areas and improvement potential.
- Provide individual and meaningful feedbacks on performance to inspire closing the performance gaps identified.
- Create standardized understanding and terminologies and mutual methodology towards Excellence and establish common government culture contributes to the realization of Abu Dhabi vision.
- Identify, acknowledge and celebrate the accomplishments of entities seeking the global performance level.
- Ensure clear focus on the total quality management typically applicable across all government entities and provide unequivocal methodology to continually measure progress
- The Abu Dhabi Award for Excellence in Government Performance structure is divided into 12 corporate/ organizational awards and 12 individual awards (the Chairman of EC Medal). These awards are different in the way they are delivered.